Página 35 de 37 PrimeiroPrimeiro ... 253334353637 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 341 a 350 de 367
Like Tree402Likes

Tópico: Official NO PORTUGUESE thread

Expert Avatar de xXxYnfynytySxXx
    Data de Ingresso
    26/07/10
    Citação Postado originalmente por Gabriells Ver Post
    Who can clarify me how to use present perfect? Although I've been studying English continuously for 2 years, I have difficulties to understand this verbal time. I have kind of set a rule that if I'm talking about the past, with no other time indication and the verb is in the end of the sentence, then I use the present perfect.

It's not perfect, but it helps me.

Another comment I want to say is, for those who are interested in learning spanish, I've found a great site: http://www.studyspanish.com/. This site is really helpful and if you have someone to train with, you can achieve a good grammar and fluency level.
    There are some good websites explaining how to use the Present Perfect.

USE 1: Unspecified time before now
    We use the Present Perfect to say that an action happened at an unspecified time before now. The exact time is not important.
    Examples:
    I have seen that movie twenty times.
    I think I have met him once before.

1) Describing Experience
    Examples:
    I have been to somewhere
    I have studied many foreign languages

2) Change over time
    To talk about change that has happened over a period of time
    Examples:
    The government has become more interested in arts education
    My English has really improved since I moved to England

3) Accomplishments
    We often use the Present Perfect to list the accomplishments of individuals and humanity. You cannot mention a specific time.
    Examples:
    Man has walked to the Moon.
    Our son has learned how to read.
    Doctors have cured many deadly diseases.

4) An uncompleted action you are expecting
    We often use the Present Perfect to say that an action which we expected has not happened. Using the Present Perfect suggests that we are still waiting for the action to happen.
    Example:
    James has not finished his homework yet.
    Bill has still not arrived.
    The rain hasn't stopped.

5) Multiple actions at different times
    We also use the Present Perfect to talk about several different actions which have occurred in the past at different times. Present Perfect suggests the process is not complete and more actions are possible.
    Examples: The army has attacked that city five times.
    We have had many major problems while working on this project.
    I have had four quizzes and five tests so far this semester.

Time expressions with Present Perfect
    When we use the Present Perfect it means that something has happened at some point in our lives before now. Remember, the exact time the action happened is not important.
    Sometimes we want to limit the time we are looking in for an experience. We can do this with expressions such as: in the last week, in the last year, this week, this month, so far, up to now, etc.

Examples:
    Have you been to Mexico last year?
    My car has broken down three times this week.

Notice:
    "Last year" and "in the last year" are very different in meaning. "Last year" means the year before now, and it is considered a specific time which requires Simple Past. "In the last year" means from 365 days ago until now. It is not considered a specific time, so it requires Present Perfect.

Examples:
    I went to Mexico last year. (Past)
    I have been to Mexico in the last year. (Present Perfect)

USE 2: Duration from the past until now (non- continuous verbs)
    Examples:
    I have had a cold for two weeks.
    She has been in England for six months.

Adverb Placement
    Examples:
    You have only seen that movie one time.
    Have you only seen that movie one time?

Active/Passive
    Examples:
    Many tourists have visited that castle. (Active)
    That castle has been visited by many tourists. (Passive)
    When I need to apply the Present Perfect form I always remember...:
    - Something that happened in the past with a result now. (I have lost my wallet)
    - Talk about experience (I have seen this movie x times)
    - News (I have just bought this car, I have just read this book...)
    Última edição por xXxYnfynytySxXx; 22-08-2013 às 06:31.
    flush79 likes this.
    Registre-se ou faça login para ver assinaturas.

Chip Leader Avatar de flush79
    Data de Ingresso
    04/05/10
    @xXxYnfynytySxXx

Very useful explanation but I dont think you need "before" in this example you used:

As you correctly pointed out, Present Perfect indicates an action whick took place before now. Thus, whenever you "have met someone", the verb form itself is telling us that it happened "before" today, which makes its presence a pleonasm.

Dont you think that the same thing can be said about this another one?

We already know that James hasnt finished his homework. Is "yet" really necessary?

Thanks in advance.
    Última edição por flush79; 22-08-2013 às 10:37.

Chip Leader Avatar de flush79
    Data de Ingresso
    04/05/10
    Looking for an explanation about what I´ve asked, I´ve found that "yet" is a marker for the Present Tense form. Thus, it must be used.

Expert Avatar de xXxYnfynytySxXx
    Data de Ingresso
    26/07/10
    Citação Postado originalmente por flush79 Ver Post
    @xXxYnfynytySxXx

Very useful explanation but I dont think you need "before" in this example you used:

As you correctly pointed out, Present Perfect indicates an action whick took place before now. Thus, whenever you "have met someone", the verb form itself is telling us that it happened "before" today, which makes its presence a pleonasm.

Dont you think that the same thing can be said about this another one?

We already know that James hasnt finished his homework. Is "yet" really necessary?

Thanks in advance.
    That's only to emphasize the sentence and both structures are more comum like that.

You feel the difference if you say:
    1) Meu irmao nao terminou a licao
    2) Meu irmao nao terminou a licao ainda
    flush79 likes this.

Amador
    Data de Ingresso
    21/08/13
    I am dutch but live in the UK, tax free for poker

you know about the new law they maybe make in Brazil? they talked about blocking all transactions from banks to pokersites, but they where not sure if they would do it, and if i play poker from Brazil on a site outside brazil i am not really do something illegal right? nobody ever get problem with that?

World Class Avatar de Picinin
    Data de Ingresso
    20/10/07
    Citação Postado originalmente por tilo Ver Post

you know about the new law they maybe make in Brazil? they talked about blocking all transactions from banks to pokersites, but they where not sure if they would do it, and if i play poker from Brazil on a site outside brazil i am not really do something illegal right? nobody ever get problem with that?
    We don't really have a regulation concerning poker or transactions form bank to poker sites. There are some legal attempts to forbid credit card companies to do transactions with poker sites, but they haven't been aproved yet (and im not sure if they're gonna be aproved some day). Our legislation concerning gambling is from the 1940's, and is a gray area, since it doesn't say which game is forbidden or allowed. But I've never heard of people having trouble with the law because they're playing poker online.

World Class Avatar de lagostinha
    Data de Ingresso
    27/09/07
    Images

rly? I lived in London last year...

how old are u and what do u play?

and how u found this forum btw?

Amador
    Data de Ingresso
    21/08/13
    Citação Postado originalmente por lagostinha Ver Post

rly? I lived in London last year...

how old are u and what do u play?

and how u found this forum btw?
    i am very old 32....

i found this forum by go to google.com.br and fill in 'poquer forum' i think
    i need to learn portuguese, sol fala um pouco
    apa2 likes this.

Amador
    Data de Ingresso
    21/08/13
    Citação Postado originalmente por Picinin Ver Post

We don't really have a regulation concerning poker or transactions form bank to poker sites. There are some legal attempts to forbid credit card companies to do transactions with poker sites, but they haven't been aproved yet (and im not sure if they're gonna be aproved some day). Our legislation concerning gambling is from the 1940's, and is a gray area, since it doesn't say which game is forbidden or allowed. But I've never heard of people having trouble with the law because they're playing poker online.
    i read somewhere that some banks ask what the money is when cash out from pokersite, and not accept and send back?
    or is that just with neteller and moneybookers,

i cant cash out all winnings with neteller card its to little per day, 600 reais i think it was when i was there,and per month 10000 or so, i would like to cash out to bank and pay capital gains tax to not get problems, does anybody pay tax over winnings? you should right? well oficially...
    Última edição por tilo; 22-08-2013 às 18:18.

World Class Avatar de Picinin
    Data de Ingresso
    20/10/07
    Citação Postado originalmente por Picinin Ver Post

i read somewhere that some banks ask what the money is when cash out from pokersite, and not accept and send back?
    or is that just with neteller and moneybookers,

i cant cash out all winnings with neteller card its to little per day, 600 reais i think it was when i was there,and per month 10000 or so, i would like to cash out to bank and pay capital gains tax to not get problems, does anybody pay tax over winnings? you should right? well oficially...
    I think that you'll have to pay taxes here only if you are a resident, with a permanent visa. If you're intending to get a permanent visa, you probably need assistence from a lawyer, our tax system is outrageously complex.

About the cashout, you'll have to use some e-wallet or sell your "credits" in the pokersites to someone who will pay you in reais, because brazilian banks don't accept money direct from the sites, AFAIK. There's an specific subforum here called "créditos", in which you will find more information

Permissões de postagem