Clique Aqui Taxes on poker winnings. Meu portuguese ruin, desculpa!

Lista de Usuários Marcados

Página 1 de 4 123 ... ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 a 10 de 38
Like Tree41Likes

Tópico: Taxes on poker winnings. Meu portuguese ruin, desculpa!

Amador
    Data de Ingresso
    21/08/13

Taxes on poker winnings. Meu portuguese ruin, desculpa!

Oi,

Meu português e ruin. Mas eu entende muitos palavres. Meu pergunta e difícil pra me in português.
    Eu fala english ok? Desculpa!

Hi,

I live in Brazil since 6 months. I would like to pay tax on my poker winnings (only cash games) and do all legally so i can transfer and use the amount i win easily without restrictions. Anybody knows the exact tax rules here in Brazil? Does it have to be monthly? I plan to do it once every 6 months or so and only cash out the money from a site and say i realised the 'gain' at that moment. Also do i need to keep track of all my hand history?

I played a tournament in Florianopolis and there its a progressive tax bracket. I would like to know also if i only play cash games, if it is per hand you have to pay tax or per month or if teary is possible, which would be the best.

Hope somebody can tell me more about this.

Obrigado!
    AVISO: TÓPICO ANTIGO
    Atenção: Este é um tópico criado há mais de 90 dias. Caso não tenha respostas recentes, tenha certeza de que sua resposta é conveniente e útil o suficiente para reativar esta discussão, do contrário você poderá ser advertido/suspenso.
    Registre-se ou faça login para ver assinaturas.

Chip Leader Avatar de Gilmour
    Data de Ingresso
    01/11/12
    Well, it depends on how much are we talking about

i guess that you shouldn't worry about paying taxes if your winnings aren't exorbitant. they probably won't bother you with some 1k, 2k R$ cash outs from time to time.

Amador
    Data de Ingresso
    21/08/13
    Citação Postado originalmente por Gilmour Ver Post
    Well, it depends on how much are we talking about

i guess that you shouldn't worry about paying taxes if your winnings aren't exorbitant. they probably won't bother you with some 1k, 2k R$ cash outs from time to time.
    It is over 1k R$ in winnings a day on average.
    Stolf and fantasma1 like this.

Chip Leader Avatar de ITManiac
    Data de Ingresso
    13/06/12
    $

Expert Avatar de Coltoon53
    Data de Ingresso
    23/06/08

Expert Avatar de maiconsc
    Data de Ingresso
    05/02/10
    @Sphinter @Roqueiro @GGoffi

Sent from my XT920 using MaisEV mobile app

World Class Avatar de Sphinter
    Data de Ingresso
    30/08/09
    It can be done monthly by paying the "carnê leão" which you can find on Federal Revenue's website.
    http://www.receita.fazenda.gov.br/

but it's not that simple actually, specially for you who doesn't understand portuguese. I'd strongly recommend an accountant for you. We can't really help you here (well I hope someone can but the truth is that we usually are just as lost as you are on this matter).
    Última edição por Sphinter; 24-02-2015 às 04:49.

Amador
    Data de Ingresso
    21/08/13

Talking

Citação Postado originalmente por Sphinter Ver Post
    It can be done monthly by paying the "carnê leão" which you can find on Federal Revenue's website.

but it's not that simple actually, specially for you who doesn't understand portuguese. I'd strongly recommend an accountant for you. We can't really help you here (well I hope someone can but the truth is that we usually are just as lost as you are on this matter).
    Yes have an accountant here, but just tried to get some second thoughts/tips. He said it was monthly and i said him that i will only realise the winnings when i cash out the money from the pokersite. He agreed and said i could then cash out/realize the winnings and calculate taxed from that point on. I plan to do it per 6 months.This way i don't pay 'double' tax when i have a losing month and the month after i had to pay tax on the money i won back.

Now the government can steal some more money

World Class Avatar de Picinin
    Data de Ingresso
    20/10/07
    Tilo, what kind of visa do you have? Do you plan living in Brasil for a while, or are you just on "vacation" here? Do you have a CPF (a kind of ID made by our IRS - which is called Receita Federal)?

You only have to pay taxes if you are considered a resident. The problem is that our Receita Federal considers a resident those who lives here more than six months a year, so you probably would have to pay taxes.

I recommend you to look for an accountant too. Our tax regulations are ridiculously complicated, and poker is in an grey area in Brasil - it isn't a regulated activity, altough it isn't considered a crime.

Anyway, the taxes should be payed monthly. You're gonna need to make a CPF first, then download the software that Sphinter has mentioned (Carnê-Leão 2015). After that, you will fill the forms, then print a kind of a bank billet and pay the taxes. Then, in the next year, you'll have to make a declaration of the amounts you've earned and the taxes payed.
    santiago, ekalil and ColinsFil like this.

World Class Avatar de Picinin
    Data de Ingresso
    20/10/07
    Citação Postado originalmente por tilo Ver Post
    Citação Postado originalmente por Sphinter Ver Post

Yes have an accountant here, but just tried to get some second thoughts/tips. He said it was monthly and i said him that i will only realise the winnings when i cash out the money from the pokersite. He agreed and said i could then cash out/realize the winnings and calculate taxed from that point on. I plan to do it per 6 months.This way i don't pay 'double' tax when i have a losing month and the month after i had to pay tax on the money i won back.

Now the government can steal some more money
    Since you'll pay taxes only when you cashout, it really doesn't matter if you're gonna do it monthly or every six months. Unless, of course, if your bankroll cant stand a month down. In other words, if you wont need to deposit the money you cashed out in an eventual downswing, you wont pay taxes twice.

Our income tax is payed monthly, but thats just because the government antecipates the paying. Actually, the tax has to be counted every year (thats why you have to made de declaration of the tax payed every year). Só, when the year is over, you declare every income and every tax payed, and Receita Federal will adjust the calculations.

Anyway, your accountant is right.
    santiago, ekalil and ColinsFil like this.

Página 1 de 4 123 ... ÚltimoÚltimo

Permissões de postagem